Viewpoint


My name is Patrick M McCormick and I have created this blog as a platform for my political views as well as those of select contributors.

I believe that American Politicians have lost sight of their goal: To uphold the Constitution and protect the rights of the people of the United States. They argue and bicker on the floor of their respective houses, positioning themselves for the next election, while they accomplish very little business for the citizens of this country.

Meanwhile our economy is sliding downward. Millions of our precious jobs have have been exported overseas. Our social safety net and other public services are being cut. Our middle class is rapidly disappearing and the numbers of citizens existing below the poverty line is increasing dramatically.

I plan to examine the causes of these terrible changes to our American way of life. Your comments will help us all arrive at some important conclusions.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Back to Work

First of all, I would like to thank all of those that still visit my blog; even though I have been inactive for a couple of months. My absence has not been caused a lack of desire to write or a binge... one can only wish...

I became a grandfather in January. A lovely baby girl entered the mosaic of my life. My heart dances with a joy that only other Grandparents will understand. They will also relate to the turmoil such an event can bring.

The last month of my daughter's pregnancy was a troubling time for us. We were preparing to move mom and dad into a new house and she had several nerve wracking bouts of the old "False Labor". Hard to pack while you are on bed rest. Needless to say, I was busy in December. We moved daughter into the new place three days before the baby arrived...Whew!

The baby's arrival triggered the usual flurry of activity, guests and phone calls, diapers and doctor's visits. With all of that going on, I set up camp in the guest house behind their new place. Grandpa gets to hang around and help (No diapers as yet).

A little computer trouble, some unpacking, sorting, trips to goodwill, Feng Shui, some sweat and elbow grease and presto...I am ready to write something. The problem is I am two months behind the news and have to catch up...bear with me, I am reading.

Love you all and thanks again...

Pat McCormick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments are very helpful...Thank you!