Viewpoint


My name is Patrick M McCormick and I have created this blog as a platform for my political views as well as those of select contributors.

I believe that American Politicians have lost sight of their goal: To uphold the Constitution and protect the rights of the people of the United States. They argue and bicker on the floor of their respective houses, positioning themselves for the next election, while they accomplish very little business for the citizens of this country.

Meanwhile our economy is sliding downward. Millions of our precious jobs have have been exported overseas. Our social safety net and other public services are being cut. Our middle class is rapidly disappearing and the numbers of citizens existing below the poverty line is increasing dramatically.

I plan to examine the causes of these terrible changes to our American way of life. Your comments will help us all arrive at some important conclusions.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Introducing Russ Limbo


INTRODUCING
RUSS LIMBO

Am I a Democrat, Republican or Independent? I am all of these things, sort of. I consider myself a Social Liberal and a Fiscal Conservative. I am a staunch supporter of equality and the civil guarantees set forth in our Constitution. I believe that Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness are the inherent rights of all human beings. 

I try to take the people’s position in all political arguments. These facts make me an independent freethinking American and take me down the middle of the political road.

I will address the everyday problems of the average American. Your comments will help US all arrive at solutions to those problems. With all of the spin going on, it is sometimes difficult to see the forest for the trees. Together, we may be able to determine “What really is and what isn’t”, or more simply put, “The Truth”.

I promise to prowl the internet looking at current events, politics and the state of the world around us and then offer my own “Brand” of commentary. Sometimes I will be serious; sometimes I will look at the humorous side of life.  I promise that I will try to keep it interesting.

First of all… let me tell you what I think about US… you know, “We the People”.

We are the US in the USA !

Politics as usual are getting pretty boring. With all the office holders glad-handing, taking photo ops, grandstanding for the press and hurling insults at one another, nothing important to the people… you know… US, is being done.

Crime is rampant, our boarders have more holes than a good Swiss cheese, people are out of work, the economy falters and the balance of trade is way out of balance. None of our favorite sons seems to care, they are so busy doing everything but the work entrusted to them; governing The United States of America.

Being a Republican or a Democrat used to mean something. You could be proud of your congressman or senator. People loved their president. America made things and exported them to everybody. The Japanese made junk and the Chinese made babies. Africa was a place where the wealthy went hunting. Everyone on the planet looked up to US.

Where did we go wrong?

I don’t know if I can put my finger on all of it, but I know a few things that are wrong;

We don’t play as a team any longer.

We have forgotten that all people are equal.

We don’t take the responsibility for our own actions, we blame our neighbors, we blame immigrants, we blame the other political party and we blame God.

Our elected leaders and political candidates use hatred, innuendo, and fear instead of the truth and the facts in order to influence US.

We have forgotten where we came from, who we are and where we need to go.

It is time we remembered.

We are the US in the USA, the citizens of the United States of America. We are a democracy, a republic and we are still the most powerful nation on this earth. We can do anything we set our minds to.

We need to stop fighting with each other and work together to solve our problems. We must lay the blame aside and begin to cooperate with each other once more and fix what is broken in our country.

The road to our recovery will not be an easy one. We will need every citizen; White, Black and Brown, Straight and Gay, Christian, Buddhist, Muslim and Jew all pulling in the same direction. We must become what we started out to be, “One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all”.

We can still reach our American Dream, but we must reach it side by side, marching  together,  or we will have accomplished nothing.

And that is how I see it…
Russ Limbo

First published in The e-Buffet Online Magazine:  http://www.e-buffet.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments are very helpful...Thank you!