Viewpoint


My name is Patrick M McCormick and I have created this blog as a platform for my political views as well as those of select contributors.

I believe that American Politicians have lost sight of their goal: To uphold the Constitution and protect the rights of the people of the United States. They argue and bicker on the floor of their respective houses, positioning themselves for the next election, while they accomplish very little business for the citizens of this country.

Meanwhile our economy is sliding downward. Millions of our precious jobs have have been exported overseas. Our social safety net and other public services are being cut. Our middle class is rapidly disappearing and the numbers of citizens existing below the poverty line is increasing dramatically.

I plan to examine the causes of these terrible changes to our American way of life. Your comments will help us all arrive at some important conclusions.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

So… You Want My Vote

Commentary by Patrick McCormick
9/14/2010

Well, let me tell you a few things. I do not follow anyone’s party line. I think for myself. I like candidates that deal in relevant issues, truth and facts. I am concerned about our economy, jobs, the environment and preserving the Constitution. I want to see sensible campaign finance reform and by that, I mean severely limited amounts from any single entity, complete transparency and absolutely no foreign donations from any source.

I will not vote for you if you spend your time stirring up hate and fear instead of entering into intelligent debate. I will not vote for you if you do not propose concrete suggestions to fix the problems that face US today. If you are an office holder and you have not been negotiating with members of other the party in good faith, I will not cast my vote for your re-election.

To earn my vote, a candidate or current office holder must work in the best interests of this country and its people, not large corporate or special interests and never a foreign government or business. You must be sincerely devoted to US, the citizens of the United States of America.

I will use these criteria when I evaluate all candidates and current office holders. I take my vote seriously and I insist that you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments are very helpful...Thank you!